Between 1976 and 1978, Dr. John Parker surveyed, recorded and
nominated 43 prehistoric sites to the National Register of Historic
Places as the Anderson Marsh Archaeological District.
Between 1978 and 1982, Parker's grass-roots lobbying prompted the
State to purchase 1000 acres and 38 of those archaeological sites as
a new State Historic Park.
Site maintained as a public service by Archaeological Research, PO Box 1353, Lucerne, CA 95458.
|History and Prehistory of Lake County
The Birds of Anderson Marsh